orWine Tastings in the Comfort of you own villa or B&B while on holiday in Tuscany or Liguria

To book an informative and fun wine tasting whilst holidaying in Italy or arrange for a wild food walk in your area contact me on tuscanytipple at libero dot it or check out my Facebook page

Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 May 2013

In fond memory...

Most new beginnings start with an ending.  This one was more dramatic then we expected.  On day 2 of our stay in in Bulgaria my cousin Bart, the inimitable 'Conspiracy Cousin', suddenly died of a heart attack.  He had lived with us for the last 2 1/2 years, worked with us, laughed with us, cooked for us, joked with us, admonished and adviced us, he became like a brother to me.

On the days that followed his death, as we struggled through the bureaucratic mess of having him cremated he kept sending us little messages.  I'll leave you with a couple of them:

At least I'm sure he would have agreed with our choice of funeral director:


R.I.P. Bart

5 comments:

Ohiofarmgirl said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. what a shock.... no words. but sure i think i love your funeral guy. *hugs*

WeekendFarmer said...

What a terrible news! I am so sorry for your loss. Life is super fragile...isn't it : (

sunflower said...

Oh! What a terrible shock for you!
But I suspect the perfect way to go for Bart....suddenly, without illness or gradual loss of vitality.
Thoughts are with you,
Tara

Lo Jardinier said...

I'm so sorry,Heiko. So sudden, so shocking, so difficult. I know it will take time to sink in,let alone to get used to living without him. We've had similar losses, and we send you our love.

Mr. H. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, our thoughts are with you.