orWine Tastings in the Comfort of you own villa or B&B while on holiday in Tuscany or Liguria

To book an informative and fun wine tasting whilst holidaying in Italy or arrange for a wild food walk in your area contact me on tuscanytipple at libero dot it or check out my Facebook page

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Images from a summer garden

Dwarf bean "Purple Queen"


Cucumbers galore


First tomatoes: a volunteer large grape tomato.


An apple tree I had almost given up on after some snow and storm damage 5 years ago, producing some early fruit again for the first time.


Butternut squash


The wild flower bed.






... and amaranth. That's it, isn't it?

6 comments:

Ayak said...

Lovely pics...And that is amaranth..at least it is if mine is amaranth..because they look the same.

Mr. H. said...

Verry nice pictures, everything is looking so good. Your first tomatoes are the ones that planted themselves, I suppose that is as it should be. It looks like your butternut is getting big, I can never seem to get that variety to do well for me...maybe this year they will turn out.

That does look like and amaranth to me too.

chaiselongue said...

It all looks great and I'm especially envious of your purple beans - we grow them last year but failed this year because of snail attack.

Laura said...

Beautiful veggies, fruit and flowers! I love those purple beans, and I sure wish we had gotten some cucumbers to come up, but at least we have the borage :)
Butternut squash is one of my favorites, but we tended to stay away from the sprawling plants due to the lack of space. But I just may have to make an exception, or just make a bigger garden!

Stefaneener said...

The flowers are especially lovely -- what a nice resting spot for your eyes. I bet by now you're awash in even more produce. Can't wait to see it in person later.

WeekendFarmer said...

What an amazing garden! Bellissimmo!! I have nothing growing. NJ has turned into a dessert. It has been 100-104 D here. I am having to buy vegggies this summer.

btw, That is Amarnath. You are lucky.

Hope all is well.