orWine Tastings in the Comfort of you own villa or B&B while on holiday in Tuscany or Liguria

To book an informative and fun wine tasting whilst holidaying in Italy or arrange for a wild food walk in your area contact me on tuscanytipple at libero dot it or check out my Facebook page

Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 December 2007

basketry



It was a grey, miserable, drizzly and cold day today, so I thought I could teach myself a new indoor skill. And a skill it is! According to John Seymour you just walk into a wood with a knife and you come out with a basket. Well may be a bit of practice will do the trick, this was my first attempt. We cut of the willow rods a couple of days ago and you must admit the end product looks vaguely basket-like. Although note the grim expression on my face while I’m wrestling with those sticks. We’ll make a few of them, filling them with Christmas biscuits and jars of our homemade jams or chutneys as presents for our lovely neighbours in Ponzano Superiore. Surely it beats wrapping paper and it doesn’t cost anything…

No comments: